Instructions for use
Thank you for purchasing the Carmen ThermoCeramic Straight.
Please read these instructions carefully before using the product and keep
them in a safe place for future reference.
Name: Carmen ThermoCeramic Straight
Voltage: 220-240 volt AC
Part of the appliance
A) Hang-up loop
B) ON/OFF switch (soft key)
C) Rocker switch +/– (soft key) for temperature setting
D) 6 x temperature control lights (red)
E) Straightening plates
F) Locking disc
For your safety
The instructions include safety guidelines and other information important for
the proper functioning of the appliance. Please read the instructions carefully
and keep them in a safe place. If the appliance changes hands, be sure to
give the instructions to the new owner. It is in your own interest to follow all
• This appliance complies with the recognized rules of technology and the
pertinent safety regulations for electrical appliances!
• To avoid damage or danger by improper use, the instructions for use
should be carefully kept and followed!
• If the connecting cable is damaged, it should only be replaced by a service
agent recommended by the manufacturer in order to prevent any danger.
Please contact the manufacturer or his customer service.
• Connect the appliance only to AC current and to a socket with earthing
contact. Do not pull the cable over sharp edges, clamp it into place or
allow it to hang down! Keep the cable away from hot and damp areas!
• Before use check that the appliance functions properly!
The appliance should not be used if:
- the connecting cable is damaged;
- the appliance shows noticeable damage;
- the appliance has been dropped.
• Never wind the mains cable around the appliance!
• The connecting cable must not come into contact with hot appliance parts
and should never run between the straightening plates!
• Only insert the mains plug when the appliance is switched off!
Safety instructions when operating the appliance
• Always use the appliance for the appropriate purpose!
plates reach temperatures of approx. 200°C!
• Never cover the straightening plates with any object!
• The appliance must never be switched on when clamped together. Ensure
that the appliance is open!
• People with nervous disorders should not operate the appliance when
alone in order to avoid any possible danger.
• Children are not aware of the hazards of electrical appliances. Therefore
close supervision is necessary when the appliance is used by children!
• Keep packaging material e.g. plastic bags out of the reach of children!
Risk of burns from the straightening plates and hot appliance parts!
• Never grasp the appliance by or near the straightening plates when the
appliance is on. The straightening plates and hot steam can cause burns.
Avoid contact with the skin and eyes. Never transport the appliance when
Warning! Risk of electric shock
• Never use the appliance with wet hands, in the bath or shower or over